Stretchtone classes with Virginia
Rarely, I may need to cancel a class in an emergency. I will text you with as much notice as possible, and reschedule that class. This is factored into the six months you have to do your package. If this time extends, I will add time to your package. The booking system is designed to be flexible for both student and teacher.
I don’t teach by school terms because I want you to be able to do Stretchtone at any time, and I prefer to take my holidays out of school holiday time! If I have to close the studio for any reason, I will try to give you plenty of notice.
All students fill in a Health Liability Waiver outlining any physical limitations or health concerns so Virginia can modify exercises if necessary. This must be brought to your first class. You will receive the form when you book. If you can’t bring it with you, please arrive five minutes early for your first class to fill it in.
I teach from my home in Harrison. Address is supplied when you book your class.
You’ll receive an automated email reminder the day before your booked class, as well as a text reminder (you can opt out if you don’t want to receive both)
I teach from my home in Harrison (address supplied when your class is booked) so I don’t have to hire a venue. This means I can keep costs down, which are then passed on to students. There’s plenty of parking, heating and cooling, a portable ballet barre, and a comfortable and attractive environment to do the classes. If you can’t get to Harrison, talk to Virginia about the possibility of a 45 minute lunchtime class in your workplace, or a daytime class in your home or other venue. Prices negotiable.
Movement Mentors is a small studio and classes are capped at a maximum of nine students. This is so that Virginia can give personal attention to each student’s exercise and health goals. You won’t feel lost in the crowd in a Stretchtone class.
Please come on time to your first class with your Health Waiver form filled in (I will have emailed this to you when you book in). If you haven’t been able to fill it in, arrive five minutes early to allow enough time to do this. You’ll then be taken through a five minute orientation, including an overview of the Stretchtone concepts, followed by approximately 10 minutes to relax on a bolster before class starts.
In order to make your class a pleasant experience for all please do not wear perfumes. The studio is an enclosed space and some of our students have sensitivities to artificial fragrance, in particular body sprays. If you’re not sure what these are, please ask. Regular antiperspirants and deodorants are fine. If you’re not familiar with this issue, this article will help explain it.
We have two cats; one is very old and deaf. When she’s awake, she may come into the studio space, but this is rare. Our other cat is very shy and even more rarely would come into the room.
Out of respect to students’ pet allergies, we have a powerful air purifier. The carpet is vacuumed after every class. If cat allergies are still an issue for you, please let me know.
The first 15 minutes is settling in/stretch time. You can stretch and relax on a bolster, or do a sequence of stretch exercises that are taught in either the introductory workshop, or in a special class when there are enough students to run it. The stretch sequences helps to prepare you physically and mentally for the class.
The stretch class is run every six weeks or so on a Saturday morning. The cost is $12.
Due to the small and personal nature of the classes, when students purchase a package, they let me know what ‘home’ class they’d like to do and I book those classes in. This is so that you can plan your time, and I can plan class size for the weeks ahead. If you can’t get to your regular class, log in to your account and reschedule yourself into another class (up to three hours before the class, and subject to availability). You have SIX months to use your package, so manage your classes as you wish for this period.
You can access your account anytime to check how many classes you have left, or reschedule classes in advance. You can even move your last classes to an earlier spot if you wish (always start at the end to avoid gaps). You’ll receive instructions on how to do this when you book your package.
Regular attendance at class develops a good habit and means you’re more likely to get the good results that you want. Also, Stretchtone classes are limited to nine participants. I need to guarantee places for students booking in for a block of time. If you don’t attend your booked class, I have allocated a place that I may not be able to fill at short notice.
I don’t teach by school terms so that students can join at any time. Also, I generally prefer to have time off out of school holiday times. I will always supply adequate notice of any time away and your classes will be suspended, and will continue when I return. This is never more than three weeks and is factored into the six months you have to do your 10 classes.
If you’re doing a 10-class block, you can invite a friend to come to a class with you, or they can do any other class. (Booking is required). Your friend’s class is half price ($10), and a free class will be credited to your account.
Wear comfortable stretchy clothing (not too baggy), so that you can see your muscles working. If you want to wear baggier clothing to begin with that’s fine; you’ll soon want to wear closer fitting workout gear. For hygiene reasons, please bring socks to wear. In the hotter weather, bare feet are fine. I also sell yoga toe socks which have a grippy base, excellent for grip on the half domes during stretches.
Acknowledging that life can get in the way of our plans for self-care, your access to Stretchtone classes is very flexible. Students self-manage all their own classes within a five-month period (*reschedules are subject to availability*).
- it’s best to do at least one class a week to get the best results and develop a good habit. There are seven classes per week, so plenty of opportunities to move into other classes if you need to.
- Preferably, please only reschedule a class/es in the event of emergencies, illness, or extended periods of time away, ie holidays.
- once I book your classes in (I need to do this to monitor class sizes), I have completed my administrative obligation and secured a place for you in the classes of your choice.
- You then have complete control of your class schedule, but it’s important to remember that reschedules are subject to availability. While I won’t overbook classes, it’s possible that you may not be able to reschedule into the class you want in a five-month window. This is the compromise for the flexibility you have within your booking window.
- Text messages to me do not constitute a class reschedule, unless you are ill and unable to do this yourself. The booking system is our virtual receptionist and frees me up to spend more time on class planning.
And here’s how that’s done …
- When you pay for a package, let me know what regular weekly ‘home’ class/es you’d like to do so I can book them in. This reduces errors and saves you time.
- It is then your responsibility to manage your own classes.
- For both eight and four-class packages, you have up to five months to do your classes. This is perfect for planning holidays or time off due to unplanned events. For example, you could do two classes a week, and then take a break for three months, and do the rest of the classes when you return. You can even decide to move the last class in your package to an earlier spot if you want to. Once I book in your classes, how you manage them is up to you.
- You forfeit any classes that you don’t attend in the five months.
- Please note that we share this flexibility. This means that any (reasonable) teacher time off, ie no more than three weeks at a time for holidays/emergency family visits interstate, or the occasional class cancellation in the event of illness, is included in this five months. If I have to take extended time off, this will be added to your package, or a refund may apply depending on circumstances.
- If you find you can’t make any class, you can reschedule it up to one hour before it starts. You will receive automated email and SMS reminders to help you plan your time.
- You can earn free classes. When you tell a friend about Stretchtone, their class is free and a free class is added to your account. Your friend doesn’t have to do the same class as you. Make sure your friend mentions this at the time of booking.
- There is no refund for change of mind.
- In the event of illness or family issues, please contact Virginia. I may suspend your classes until you are able to resume them. A refund may apply depending on circumstances. This is at the discretion of Movement Mentors.
- If I have to cancel a class/es, I will try to give you as much notice as possible.
Balls, foam blocks, belts, and foam half cylinders for stretching and as exercise aids.